About this Recipe
'Tis the season to be noggy or nice. McCormick For Chefs® has you covered on the nog list. Created with a blend of McCormick Culinary® Ground Cinnamon, Ground Nutmeg and Pure Vanilla Extract, the taste of these sugar-sprinkled holiday treats will feel like a holiday party for your palate any time of year!
- Combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder and salt. Add softened butter using a pastry cutter set aside. Combine vanilla and eggnog. Mix wet ingredients with dry ingredients.
- Take dough on a floured surface and fold dough. Using a melon scoop roll into balls set aside.
- Fill kettle with vegetable shortening bring to 350°F. Very carefully using a slotted metal spoon transfer ball into kettle. Fry for approximately 3 minutes. Remove from kettle with spoon and let cool.
- Plate and sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar.
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp McCormick Culinary® Cinnamon, Ground
- 1/2 cup sugar, confectioner's
- 3/4 cup Eggnog
- 2 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1 tsp McCormick Culinary® Nutmeg, Ground
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp McCormick Culinary® Pure Vanilla Extract, Premium
- 4 cup shortening, vegetable