- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- Heat oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and sauté for 10–15 seconds (DO NOT BURN), then immediately add the onions and peppers and sauté for approximately 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool to room temperature as quickly as possible (Hot vegetables may be placed on a tray or in a bowl and set into the freezer to cool).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, fresh herbs, broth, Worcestershire sauce and eggs. Blend well, and then add the cooled vegetables. Add the ground turkey and blend well.
- On a rimmed baking sheet form a loaf approximately 9 inches by 4 inches wide and 4 inches high.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then spread the Sweet & Sour Glaze over the meatloaf and bake for an additional 30 (plus or minus) until the internal temperature reaches 160º-165º.
- Allow meatloaf to rest 15 minutes before slicing. Serve.
- 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs, whole wheat
- 2 lbs Butterball® Ground Turkey
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tsp Peak Fresh Produce® Garlic, Clove(s), minced
- 1 cup Peak Fresh Produce® Onion(s), Yellow, diced
- 1 cup Peak Fresh Produce® Pepper(s), Green Bell, diced
- 3/4 tsp pepper, freshly ground
- 2 tbsp Roma® Oil, Olive
- 2 tsp sage, fresh, chopped
- 3/4 tsp salt, sea
- 1 1/2 tsp thyme, fresh, chopped
- 2 West Creek® Egg(s), Medium, slightly beaten
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce