- In a sauté pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Sauté the garlic until the aroma fills the air.
- Add the bay leaves and fresh sage. Sauté for 15 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes, sugar, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10–15 minutes.
- Stir in the chopped parsley and chiffonade of basil.
- Simmer for another 30 minutes, then remove the bay leaves.
- To store, pour the sauce into a container, cover, label and refrigerate.
- 1/3 cup basil, chiffonade (packed tightly in a cup)
- 6 bay leaves
- 1 1/2 tsp black pepper, as needed
- 6 garlic, clove(s), minced or pressed
- 1/3 cup oil, olive
- 3/4 cup parsley, Italian, chopped
- 9 sage leaves, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar, granulated
- 9 cups tomato(es), plum, crushed with juice (San Marzano)