COVID-19 Resources For Your OperationUse these sites to gain a better understanding of COVID-19, its impact, and best practices for your operation.
Health and Safety ResourcesServSafe COVID-19 Training Courses
Free courses for your entire operation
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
World Health Organization
Small Business ResourcesU.S. Small Business Administration
Small business guidance and loan resources, including Paycheck Protection Program
Paycheck Protection Program Application
State-by-state guide to unemployment benefits
National Restaurant Association
Information on CARES Act, the foodservice industry and ideas
U.S. Department of Labor - Wage and Hour Division
COVID-19 in the workplace and more
Free business mentoring and education
Take-Out and Delivery ResourcesTake-out and delivery allows your customers to enjoy their favorite food from the comfort of their homes. We’ve compiled resources to ensure you can give customers the best possible experience. Visit our take-out and delivery page to learn more.
Managing Potential Risks with Coronavirus (COVID-19) Across Performance FoodservicePerformance Foodservice continues to actively monitor the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and modify our response as new information becomes available. We’ve implemented precautionary measures based on the best information available, best practices, and recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other government agencies.
Our corporate leadership team is regularly engaging with field leadership across the country to understand needs, concerns and questions from our associates, customers and other valued partners to help us make the best decisions for all our important stakeholders.
Precautionary MeasuresPerformance Foodservice continues to take precautionary actions to protect our workplace and our associates. This includes enhanced cleaning, disinfecting and sanitizing efforts and making these types of items more accessible to our associates onsite. We are continuing to reinforce the importance of following CDC recommendations, especially frequent hand washing and social distancing.
- For the protection of our associates and both of our companies, and in adherence to health insurance privacy laws, Performance Foodservice will not provide or ask for reports of positive COVID-19 illnesses.
- We are using an enhanced associate screening to determine potential exposure to COVID-19 (directly, or through travel to restricted areas or on a cruise ship), and we are restricting associates from work based on their responses.
- Associates exhibiting illness symptoms at this time are NOT allowed to work in the warehouse or on the road.
- Performance Foodservice is requiring associates to follow social distancing guidelines during all work activities and is asking customers to establish and be respectful of similar ground rules.
- To adhere to the latest guidance, Performance Foodservice is actively working to implement a face shield/personal protective equipment program for all associates and addressing the current supply challenges.
- Our experts are staying current with FDA-issued guidance on topics such as the transmissibility of coronavirus by food, or from food packaging surfaces, and we will adjust our actions as needed based on FDA guidance.
- Performance Foodservice is working with customers to determine limited- or no-contact delivery options that ensure all critical safety and business requirements will still be addressed.
- Performance Foodservice continues to work with our supply chain partners to source adequate inventory to serve our customers’ needs.
Addressing Needs Locally
Our operating companies are using their strong relationships and understanding of their local market, suppliers and customers to apply Performance Foodservice’s enterprise-wide precautionary measures and implement the requirements in the best way to be effective and minimize impact for our associates and our customers.