This is a rebirth of your business. For many customers, the information you provide will help decide if they should visit your location or not.
Creating a marketing and communication plan is the easiest way to ensure you are communicating consistently and effectively across all channels. It also will enable you to more easily delegate marketing and communication tasks throughout your organization. Here are items you should consider broadcasting throughout social media and posting to your website to help get the word out.
- Post your new hours and days of operation if they have changed.
- Clearly provide ways to contact your business.
- Clearly list outside delivery sources you are using.
- If you change your menu selections (and/or menu prices), make sure your channels reflect this information.
- Let customers know you have marked parking spaces for pick up orders.
- Post cleaning and sanitizing processes you have implemented to protect customers (such as staff wearing gloves and face coverings).
- Tell your new restaurant story and goals.
- Post a big THANK YOU for customer loyalty.
- Communicate new seating configurations and policies due to social distancing.
- Keep all social channels and websites up to date, it is a big part of customer facing communication.
If you haven't already done so, research how to add online ordering to your website. Many POS systems and website platforms offer online ordering services, and a great place to start is with one of our SPARK partners.
- Consider allowing customers to pre-order and pay for table service or pick-up service via your website.
- Our SPARK partners can help you implement online ordering. Learn more from Menuetta and Open Menu.
It is important to utilize social media channels to let your customers know you are open for business. Many people elect to use these channels as their main form of communication, so you will want to make sure to keep your Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram accounts up to date on your revised hours, policies, and menu offerings. You can also use social media to promote the safety measures you are taking to help keep your customers at ease as they visit your locations.