Ah, the caramelized brand from a grill that signals summer is here. Those little char tracks that happen when sugar meets a hot grate are enough to water anyone’s mouth. Sophisticated foodies are seeking healthier and more creative additions to the summer menu that offer complete satisfaction without all the fat. Grilling magnifies the natural sugars in most fruits and vegetables, delivering a rich, earthy, healthier alternative. Send smoke signals to refined palates everywhere with these easy recipe ideas that can be served throughout the day.
Summertime Salads and Sides
Any variety of Peak Fresh Produce® lettuces make an especially savory salad when grilled whole, along with mushrooms, bell peppers, broccoli crowns, squash, zucchini, potatoes...the possibilities are endless. Our diverse line of flavorful dressings from Village Garden® and Piancone® will add the finishing touch to any plate.
- Roasted tomatoes round out many fish dishes
- Jalapeños can be grilled and stuffed with Roma® cheeses for appetizers
- Corn, fennel, and onions all contribute to a fantastic grilled pizza
- Grill some Heritage Ovens® artisan bread to tear up into a veggie salad
- Caramelized onions from the grill are essential for burgers or in a vinaigrette as a side
- Combine grilled veggies with pasta, feta, olives and Piancone® Chianti & Basil Vinaigrette for a quick Mediterranean side
Entrées From the Garden to the Grill
One of the most popular methods of grilling–especially with produce–is with kebabs. This is where Village Garden and Piancone dressings can serve as excellent marinades and marry all kinds of combinations together.
- Pair beef or lamb with onions, potatoes, bell peppers,and grill up after marinating it in balsamic vinaigrette
- Marinate meatballs, onions, and bell peppers in West Creek® barbecue sauce
- Create ratatouille from the grill, with veggies coated in Village Garden Roasted Red Pepper with Garlic dressing
- Grill up eggplant with melted provolone cheese, drizzled with Piancone Chianti & Basil Vinaigrette
- Try thick cut zucchini “steaks” marinated in Village Garden Empress Sesame Ginger dressing
- Use grilled vegetables in your lasagna for an even richer, unforgettable entrée
Grill Up Dessert
Pineapple, cantaloupe, and honeydew all stand up to the heat superbly. Drizzle with West Creek honey, maple syrup, or brown sugar Serve with a dollop of West Creek ice cream Top a slice of Heritage Ovens cheesecake with your favorite caramelized fruits Make strawberry and melon kebabs brushed with Village Garden Balsamic Vinaigrette