While there are many uncertainties right now, the demand for good eats is one thing that hasn’t changed.
According to Datassential, 41% of Americans have no concerns or are nervous but will still eat out.1 However despite there still being demand, many operators are still figuring out new operating models and how to maintain the service level they pride themselves on. Food safety, food quality and providing a safe environment are of the utmost importance right now and will help build customer’s trust. Restaurants should not sacrifice any of these to keep their doors open.
To optimize your current curbside, carryout, delivery and drive-thru menu offerings, modifying the menu or packaging are proven ways to keep revenue coming in while maintaining quality and safety. If your restaurant is new to these methods, there are many things to navigate. Are your burgers and fries holding up during delivery? What about your wings or tacos? Well, we've got you covered with dish-specific tips to ensure your meals arrive perfectly, every time.
10 Tips to Deliver Tastier Takeout.
- Steak and Chicken – Let cooked meat sit before packing so it doesn’t steam itself inside the box. Just before packing, sprinkle with Grill Mates® Montreal Steak® Seasoning to create a mouthwatering aroma when customers first open the box at home.
- Burgers - Sprinkle on some extra seasoning, like Grill Mates® Brown Sugar Bourbon Seasoning, just before hitting the griddle for extra flavor. Pack hot and cold ingredients separately to prevent bread from getting soggy and ingredients from wilting.
- Fries – Shake on Lawry’s® Ranch French Fry Seasoning for a zesty take on fries. When packaging it to-go, include a tip card on how to reheat in an oven or air fryer at home for ideal crispiness.
- Wings - Use a sauce that can be reheated or put additional sauce on the side to toss with wings once delivered. Our pick? A mix of Frank’s RedHot® Stingin’ Honey Garlic with black and white sesame seeds for an extra-signature sauce.
- Pasta - Allow pasta to cool before adding sauce to maintain flavor and visual appeal. Score bonus points for including extra sauce to add at home with reheating instructions. Want to spice it up? Mix Frank’s RedHot® Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce with Alfredo Sauce for a buffalo kick.
- Vegetables - Sprinkle on Grill Mates® Vegetable Seasoning to enhance the flavor of your grilled or roasted vegetables. To ensure veggies hold up in transport, try caramelizing veggies for beautiful color OR tossing with seasoning and oil, then roast on high heat for an intense flavor.
- Tacos - It’s all about the build! Put a base, like lettuce, down first to catch the juices from the meat to keep your tortillas crisp or soft. Then, kick it up a notch with a Mojito Lime Crema. Simply add Grill Mates® Mojito Lime Seasoning to sour cream for a signature version.
- Ramen - Take your base ramen and use a variety of seasoning blends to create signature flavors and expand your delivery menu. Want more umami? Add McCormick Culinary® Rotisserie Chicken Seasoning to amp up the flavor.
- Salad - When it comes to salad ingredients, it’s about quality not quantity. If using a hot protein, wrap it separately and include assembly instructions. The finishing touch? Dressing! Add McCormick Culinary® Coarse Ground Black Pepper to ranch dressing to bring some extra zest.
- Desserts - Simple desserts like a brownie, or milk and cookies can provide a sense of comfort and help create an emotional connection with guests, especially during these difficult times. Try adding McCormick Culinary® Ground Cinnamon to brownie batter for a flavor enhancement!
Discover more tips and tricks, as well as menu ideas geared for off-premise dining on McCormick For Chef’s website.
1 Datassential, COVID-19, Report 14: The Trust Issue, 4.20.20