- Soak the bread in a few tsp. of water while preparing the gazpacho.
- Chop the onion, green pepper, tomatoes, garlic and ground cayenne, basil and oregano.
- Combine in a non-metallic bowl or mortar and pestle. Mix for 5 minutes or until a paste is a achieved (or a blender can be used). Add the bread, olive oil, vinegar, and 2 cups cold water.
- Pour the mixture through a coarse strainer. Chill for at least 1 hour before serving. Serve with small condiment bowls of chopped tomatoes, chopped green peppers, and cubed cucumbers.
- 1 slice bread, Italian loaf
- 3 garlic, clove(s), peeled & mashed
- pinch oregano, fresh
- 1/2 tsp. paprika, Hungarian
- pinch Peak Fresh Produce® Basil
- 2 Peak Fresh Produce® Cucumber(s), English, peeled & chopped
- 1 Peak Fresh Produce® Onion(s), diced
- 1 Peak Fresh Produce® Pepper(s), Green Bell, seeded & chopped
- 8 Peak Fresh Produce® Tomato(es), peeled & chopped (or 2 cans diced)
- 4 Tbsp. Piancone® Oil, Olive, Extra Virgin
- pinch Roma® Black Pepper, Ground
- 2 tsp. salt, sea
- 3 Tbsp. vinegar, red wine