Mediterranean Turkey Burger
About this Recipe
Deliver on better-for-you demands with this Mediterranean burger. Lean turkey replaces beef, creating a healthy and delicious meal with a balance of grilled notes from the cheese and vegetables. This trending ethnic dish is perfect for any adventurous customer.
Mediterranean Turkey Burger
- Brush both sides of the turkey burger patty with the Turkey Burger Marinade and grill it until fully cooked, with an internal temperature of 165°F.
- While the turkey burger is cooking, warm or grill the pita bread. Spread 2 tbsp of the Tzatziki Sauce on the pita.
- Arrange 4 slices of the Grilled Mediterranean Vegetables and roasted peppers over the tzatziki. Set the grilled turkey burger atop the grilled vegetables.
- Arrange 1 slice of the Grilled Halloumi onto the grilled turkey burger. Top the halloumi with 1/2 cup of the Parsley Salad.
- Serve with a side of olives.
- 1 bread, pita, 4-inches
- 3 pepper(s), roasted red, cut into strips
- 1 Butterball® All Natural Mediterranean White Turkey Burger
Turkey Burger Marinade
- Combine all the ingredients in a stainless steel bowl and blend well.
- Place the marinade into a covered container. Label, date and refrigerate.
- 8 bay leaves
- 1 cup West Creek® Oil, Canola
- 1/2 cup McCormick® Grill Mates Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1/2 cup Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
- Place the diced cucumber into a towel and squeeze it dry. Discard the water.
- Combine all the ingredients and blend well.
- Place the sauce into a container with a lid and refrigerate it.
- 1/2 Peak Fresh Produce® Cucumber(s), English, 1/4-inch dice
- 1 tbsp Piancone® Oil, Olive, Extra Virgin
- 4 Peak Fresh Produce® Garlic, Clove(s), minced
- 1 Peak Fresh Produce® Lemon(s), zested
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp Peak Fresh Produce® Mint, finely chopped
- 2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp vinegar, red wine
- 16 oz yogurt, Greek
Grilled Mediterranean Vegetables
- Set the eggplant and zucchini slices into the vinaigrette to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Grill the vegetables over medium-high heat until golden brown on each side.
- Place the vegetables into a storage container with a lid. Label, date and refrigerate.
- 3/4 cup Roma® Vinaigrette, Balsamic
- 6 slices eggplant, 1/2-inch thick
- 6 slices Peak Fresh Produce® Zucchini, bias cut, 3/8-inch thick
- Preheat a grill or sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Heat the olive oil in the preheated pan.
- Grill the halloumi for approximately 2 minutes per side. The cheese will be lightly brown and warm on the inside.
- 1 slice cheese, halloumi, 1/3-inch thick
- 1 1/2 tbsp Roma® Oil, Olive
- Combine all the ingredients and toss them, coating the parsley and onions with the dressing.
- 4 oz Peak Fresh Produce® Onion(s), Red, thinly sliced
- 1/2 bunch Peak Fresh Produce Parsley
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp vinaigrette, red wine