Sure, classic fried calamari is a menu staple, but served as-is it probably isn't a show-stopper.
A few simple twists can easily change up the dish and make it an instagram-worthy star on your menu that your customers will be raving over in no time. Try these combinations with our Empire's Treasure® Calamari, which comes from squid caught in the North Atlantic that are lightly dusted in a proprietary coating for simple frying perfection.
- Along with calamari, fry some sliced jalapeño peppers or pepperoncinis. Allow to cool slightly then toss with fresh arugula prior to serving. Add a side of garlic aioli and you're good to go.
- Toss fried calamari with sliced peppadew peppers, sliced kalamata olives and feta cheese. Serve with sliced lemon wedges.
- Fry calamari, drizzle with tomato sauce and top with a poached egg and some shredded Parmesan cheese. Serve in a bowl so customers can stir the dish together.
- Calamari tacos! Place calamari in your choice of tortilla, top with salsa verde, avocado crema and Mexican slaw. Serve with fresh lime wedges.
- Offer calamari as an add-on salad topper. We like the way those crisp-fried bites taste atop a crisp Caesar or Greek salad.