Customers will be cautious when entering your restaurant for the foreseeable future.
Implementing social distancing guidelines and keeping your restaurant clean will win confidence and loyalty from your customers.
Consider the following:
- Use your website, social media, and store signage to communicate the actions you are taking to keep your restaurant safe and clean. This should include how you clean, how you sanitize, and how often.
- Have staff members wear gloves, face masks, and hair restraints. Instruct staff to avoid congregating in areas where they are in view of the public.
- Ensure staff break areas are not in view of consumers.
- Make sure all areas in view of customers are kept clean throughout service.
- Let customers know that you source food from professional and reliable vendors.
- Make sure bathrooms are checked and cleaned multiple times throughout the day.
- Clearly post handwashing process in public bathrooms.
- Enforce clean uniforms are worn for service - no exceptions.
- If operating an open kitchen, keep the kitchen clean and spotless. Kitchen staff must also be aware of their actions and appearance.