Cozumel Crab Cakes
Cozumel Crab Cakes
- To prepare crab cakes, in large mixing bowl gently fold together crab meat, mayonnaise, panko, red pepper, poblano pepper, red onion, cilantro, kosher salt and black pepper until combined.
- Using a 3-inch ring cutter, shape into 2-ounce portions, for a total of eight crab cakes.
- Add oil to large sauté pan over medium heat. When oil is hot, gently place four crab cakes in pan and cook until golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes on each side. Repeat with remaining crab cakes.
- To serve, place two seared crab cakes on warmed plate. Place ¼ cup Citrus Pico de Gallo on plate next to crab cakes. Drizzle 3 tablespoons Passport Global Flavors™ by Custom Culinary® Habanero Orange Sauce over crab cakes.
- Serve with 2 tablespoons Chili Remoulade and two lime wedges on the side.
- 1 qt crab meat
- 3/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup Red pepper, minced
- 1/2 cup pepper(s), poblano, roasted, minced
- 1/4 cup red onion, minced
- 3 tbsp cilantro, fresh, minced
- 1 tbsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup oil, vegetable
- 1 cup Citrus Pico de Gallo, recipe follows
- 3/3 cup Passport Global Flavors™ by Custom Culinary® Habanero Orange Sauce
- 1/2 cup Chili Remoulade, recipe follows
- 8 ea lime, wedge(s)
Citrus Pico de Gallo
DirectionsIn a small mixing bowl, gently fold all ingredients until combined. Cover and refrigerate until service.
- 1 cup Beefsteak tomato, small dice
- 1/4 cu[ red onion, small dice
- 1/4 cup golden pineapple, grilled, small dice
- 1/4 cup roasted red pepper, small dice
- 1/2 cup orange slice(s), large dice
- 2 tbsp cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 1 oz Passport Global Flavors™ by Custom Culinary® Habanero Orange Sauce
DirectionsIn a small mixing bowl, whisk all ingredients together until evenly combined.
- 1/4 cup Passport Global Flavors™ by Custom Culinary® Habanero Orange Sauce
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/8 cup mustard, creole
- 2 tbsp cilantro, fresh, finely chopped