- Combine all ingredients except the pita, salad and sauce in a large bowl and mix gently.
- To make skewers, mold 5 ounces of turkey mixture around skewer sticks and grill until the turkey reaches 160°F.
- To make balls, mold the turkey mixture into 3-ounce balls and bake at 425°F, until the turkey reaches 160°F.
- Spread the Cucumber-Tomato Salad on a pita. Top with 2 kofta skewers or 2 kofta balls. Drizzle with Roasted Garlic Sauce and serve.
- 1 lb Butterball® All Natural* 85/15 Ground Turkey
- 1/2 cup onion(s), chopped
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs, soft
- 1/4 cup parsley, fresh flat leaf, chopped
- 2 tsp red pepper, flakes
- 1/2 tsp cumin, ground, ground
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 3 ea bread, pita, (or naan bread) 5 in. wide
- 1/3 cup Cucumber-Tomato Salad, (see recipe below)
- Roasted Garlic Sauce, for garnish
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, oregano, tarragon and salt.
- Slowly whisk in the oil until combined.
- Stir in the cucumber and tomato until combined.
- Reserve the salad until ready for use.
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp oregano, dried
- 1/4 tsp tarragon, dried
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp oil, olive
- 1 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup tomato(es), chopped
Roasted Garlic Sauce
- Squeeze the garlic out of cloves, then place in a food processor and puree.
- Add the yogurt, lemon zest, mint and honey. Process until the mixture is smooth and combined.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Let the sauce stand for 10 minutes to allow the flavors to blend before serving.
- 2 heads garlic, roasted
- 1 cup yogurt, plain
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp mint, fresh, chopped
- 1/2 tsp honey
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, freshly ground, to taste