About this Recipe
Nothing tops off a great meal any better than this tasty banana pudding.
- Heat milk to boiling.
- Whip egg yolks until light. Fold sugar into eggs.
- Combine flour and salt and mix with just enough warm water to make a smooth, thick paste.
- Add all ingredients (except bananas and wafers) to milk and cook until thick, about 3-4 minutes.
- Layer first wafers, then bananas in 8"x10" dish and pour mixture over both. Top with wafers.
- *Beat reserved egg whites to stiff peaks (sweeten).
- Cover dessert, brown in hot oven (400) and serve warm.
- 6-8 banana(s), (ripe, sliced)
- 6 tbl flour, all-purpose
- 1 box Heritage Ovens® Wafers, Vanilla
- 4 cup Nature's Best Dairy® Milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract, pure
- 6 yolks West Creek® Egg(s), Medium, (save whites)
- 1/4 lb West Creek® Margarine