- Cook cornbread muffin mix, cool and crumble. Reserve for later use.
- In a large saute pan add oil over medium high heat. Add sausage and Tasso and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add onions, bell pepper, celery, garlic and bay leaf. Continue to cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Next add salt, pepper, cayenne, heavy cream and whisk chicken base into pan.
- Reduce heat to low and allow to simmer until liquid is reduced to 1/3. Remove from heat and slowly add cornbread crumbs until thickened.
- Serve as is or use as a stuffing.
- 1 Tbsp. garlic, minced
- 1 Cup(s) celery, (diced)
- 1 box cornbread muffin mix, (cook as directed)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Custom Culinary® Gold Label Savory Roasted Chicken Base
- 3 Cup(s) Nature's Best Dairy® Cream, Heavy Whipping
- 1/4 Cup(s) oil
- 1 Cup(s) onion(s), (diced)
- 1 Cup(s) pepper(s), green bell, (diced)
- 1 Roma® Bay Leaf(ves), Dry
- 1 tsp. Roma® Black Pepper, Ground
- 1/8 tsp. Roma® Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 Cup(s) sausage, andouille, (diced)
- 1/2 Cup(s) tasso, (diced)