About this Recipe
Tomatillo salsa verde, a delicious Mexican green salsa made with grilled tomatillos, chile peppers, cilantro, garlic and onion.
- Place tomatillos, jalapenos, serranos, and poblanos on a charcoal grill and allow to char. Grill for 20-30 minutes.
- Next, place all grilled ingredients into blender. Blend until smooth. Add the cilantro while blending.
- In sauce pan heat oil and add fine chopped onions and garlic. Cook until onions are translucent. Add the blended sauce and allow to cook for 30-45 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning with kosher salt and reserve.
- 3 Contigo® Pepper(s), Jalapeño
- 1 oz. oil, cottonseed
- 1/2 Peak Fresh Produce® Cilantro, bunch(es), leaves pulled
- 4 Peak Fresh Produce® Garlic, Clove(s)
- 1 Peak Fresh Produce® Onion(s), Yellow, diced medium
- 2 pepper(s), serrano
- salt, kosher
- 2 lbs. tomatillo(s)