In the restaurant industry, the adage, “if you’ve got time to lean, you’ve got time to clean” rings as a well-loved cliché, but it’s never been truer than right now.
If you and your staff have an abundance of time, use it to beautify your restaurant. Roll up your sleeves and deep clean, repair, and paint, paying staff to assist. Look for areas that may soon need repair and consider scheduling work crews, if possible, to make the repairs before you reopen so that when you do, you’re putting your best foot forward.
This is also a great time to declutter and reorganize, especially in the office. If you have paper records, dating back years, consider going digital and upload to the cloud so you can eliminate the stacks of paper in your office. Go through your files on your computer and get rid of what you don’t need while organizing the rest according to a system that works for you and your team. Organize your photos by season or occasion to make finding them for social media easier. Go through your e-newsletter list and cull it so that you are communicating with the right audience.
Consider the Following:
- Deep clean your facility, including all equipment.
- Test all equipment and have it serviced.
- Clean kitchen flooring and vent hooding.
- Pressure wash outside areas like parking lot, sidewalks, and dumpster area.
- Clean your duct system for your HVAC system.
- Make sure air vents are cleaned or replaced for a clean look.
- Refresh your dining room with a coat of paint.
- Get your office in order and take your papers digital.
- Update your Employee Policies and Manual. Learn How.
- Develop a Marketing and Communication Plan for your re-opening.
- Test out new technology to help streamline your operation. Start with our SPARK partners.