Roma® Mexican Pizza
About this Recipe
One crispy Contigo® flour tortilla topped with a garlic infused puree of Roma® cannellini beans topped with sauteed Peak® arugula and Contigo® carne asada marinated in Contigo® chimichurri topped creamy Bacio® mozzarella and provolone cheese crowned with a crispy Contigo® flour tortilla topped with Roma® marinara, banana peppers and kalamata olives.
Roma® Mexican Pizza
- Heat fryer oil to 350° then cook flour tortillas until golden brown on both sides. Remove from fryer and place on towel to drain excess oil.
- Toss carne asada with chimichurri sauce and rest at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- In a sauté pan over medium heat add one and half tablespoons of butter, arugula, bell pepper, half of teaspoon of garlic, and season with a portion of salt then pepper. Cook for 2 -3 minutes to wilt the arugula and soften the bell pepper now add lemon juice and zest continue to cook for 1 minute. Remove from pan and reserve.
- In a sauté pan over medium heat add one tablespoon of butter and garlic. Cook for 1 minute. Now add beans and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Remove from pan and place in food processor with salt and pepper. Add basil to beans and olive oil then pulse to puree. Remove from food processor and reserve.
- Heat olive oil in sauté pan over medium high heat then add the marinated carne asada and cook for 2-3 minutes then remove from pan and reserve.
- Take one fried tortilla and spread with cannellini bean puree to the edge. Top this with sauteed arugula and peppers followed by carne asada and a sprinkle of shredded provolone.
- Top with the other fried tortilla then spread the marinara sauce on top with a little shredded provolone cheese.
- Bake in a 375°-degree convection oven for 5-8 minutes to warm and melt the cheese.
- Remove from oven and place on warm entrée plate then garnish the top with banana peppers, kalamata olives, oregano leaves, and shave parmesan then serve.
- 2 ea Contigo® Tortilla(s), Flour 6-inch
- Brilliance® oil, for frying
- 4 oz Bacio® Sharp Provolone Blend
- 6 oz Roma® Marinara Sauce
- 1/4 cup Roma® Cannellini Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp Peak Fresh Produce® Basil, rough chop
- 1/2 tbsp Roma® minced garlic
- 1 tbsp Nature's Best Dairy® Butter, Unsalted
- 1 1/2 tbsp Piancone® Extra Virgin Olive Oil Unfiltered
- 1 1/2 cups Peak Fresh Produce® Arugula
- 1 ea Peak Fresh Produce® Lemon(s), juice and zest
- 1/2 ea Peak Fresh Produce® peppers, golden bell, julienne thin
- 1/2 tsp Roma® minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tbsp Nature's Best Dairy® Butter, Unsalted
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp Roma® Black Pepper, Ground
- 3 oz Contigo® Carne Asada
- 3 tbsp Contigo® Chimichurri Sauce
- 2 tbsp Roma® Oil, Olive
- 2 tbsp Roma® sliced banana peppers, for garnish
- 2 tbsp Roma® Olives, Kalamata, pitted, cut in half for garnish
- 1/3 cup Peak Fresh Produce® Tomato(es), Cherry, sliced, for garnish
- 1/2 tbsp Peak Fresh Produce® Oregano, leaves, for garnish
- 1 tbsp Piancone Cheese Parmesan, shaved, for garnish