- Warm the corn tortillas on a griddle. Top with a handful of cheese. Place a warm tortilla on top and proceed like making quesadillas.
- Top each griddled quesadilla with shredded turkey, shredded cabbage, avocado, radishes and cilantro.
- Serve with hot sauce, lime wedges, and hot broth on the side for dipping.
- as needed oil, vegetable, for greasing griddle
- 48 - 64 ea Corn Tortillas, small
- 20 oz ea cheese, mozzarella
- 1 ea green cabbage, finely shredded
- avocado, as needed
- cilantro, fresh, as needed
- lime wedges, as needed
- hot sauce, as needed
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and submerge the chilies in the water, using a small plate to weigh them down. Let sit until completely soft (about 30 minutes) then drain.
- Put the onion, chiles, garlic, stock, and salt in a blender, and blend until completely smooth. Set aside.
- 6 ea Chile guajillo
- 6 ea Chile pasilla
- 3 ea Chile de arbol
- 1 onion
- 2 ea garlic, clove(s)
- 1 cup Turkey stock
- 1 tsp salt
- In a deep pot, heat the vegetable oil until very hot. Add the onion and split garlic cloves, and char until almost black.
- Add the Butterball® Turkey Thigh Roast (separating the meat into large chunks) as well as all the liquid in the bag.
- Add the Colorado paste, turkey stock, and spices. Cover with a lid and simmer for 1 hour.
- Remove the meat, shredding with forks or by hand. Double strain the broth.
- 3 tbsp oil, vegetable
- 16 oz ea onion, diced
- 6 cups garlic, clove(s), split
- 5 lbs Butterball® Fully Cooked Turkey Thigh Roast
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 ea cinnamon, stick
- 3 ea cloves, whole
- 2 ea bay leaf