- In a sauté pan, cook the shallots with the butter until transparent but not brown.
- Add the flour and stir well until cooked, forming a light roux.
- Add the champagne or wine and strained oyster liquid, whisking to prevent lumps and cooking until reduced (4 to 6 minutes). \
- Gradually stir in the cream and simmer until the sauce reduces and thickens sufficiently.
- Season to taste with cayenne or Tabasco (it probably won't need salt. Use paprika if cayenne is too hot).
When you are ready to serve, place 6 oysters in a Martini glass and put a spoonful of the hot sauce over each cold oyster.
- Garnish with parsley.
- 1 glass champagne, (or white wine)
- 1 1/2 tbsp flour, all-purpose
- 2 tbsp Nature's Best Dairy® Butter
- 1 1/4 cups Nature's Best Dairy® Cream, Heavy Whipping
- 24 oyster(s), (1 pint, reserve oyster liquid)
- Peak Fresh Produce® Parsley, Fresh, to taste (chopped)
- 3 Peak Fresh Produce® Shallot(s), (finely chopped)
- Roma® Cayenne Pepper, to taste (or hot sauce)