About this Recipe
Grits and eggs combine perfectly in this fluffy, cheesy dish that’s an excellent source of energy for breakfast. Chopped herbs, onions, and bell peppers complete the flavor profile.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Bring broth or water to briskly rolling boil in medium saucepan. Slowly stir in grits and salt, if desired.
- Reduce heat to low; cover. Cook 15 to 20 minutes for Old Fashioned or 5 to 7 minutes for Quick or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Stir in eggs, bell pepper, onion and herbs. Spread into ovenproof 9-inch skillet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle evenly with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until frittata is set and beginning to brown. Allow to cool 5 to 10 minutes before serving. Cut into 6 wedges to serve.
Optional: Cut fully-cooked turkey breakfast sausage links into rounds (about 1/2 inch thick). Cook in a nonstick skillet to heat through and lightly brown. Stir into grits mixture in Step 4.
- 1/2 cup Peak Fresh Produce® Pepper(s), Bell, (one color or a combination)
- 3 cups broth, vegetable
- 2 Nature's Best Dairy® Egg(s), beaten
- 1 cup Quaker® Grits, Old Fashioned or Quick
- 1/4 cup chopped herbs, (such as parsley, basil, chives, and/or thyme)
- 1/3 cup Peak Fresh Produce® Onion(s), finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Roma® Cheese, Parmesan, shredded
- 1/4 tsp salt, optional