- Toast fennel seeds in a small skillet over medium heat until fragrant, about 2 minutes. finely grind in a spice mill, set aside.
- Heat oil in a large heavy pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, fennel, garlic, bay leaves, oregano, and red pepper flakes. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion and fennel are soft, about 12 minutes.
- Stir in ground fennel seeds, tomatoes with juices, wine, clam juice, and 1 cup water. Cover, bring to a boil, reduce head to medium-low and cook, stirring often until flavors meld, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in clams, scallops, mussels, and shrimp (or crab legs) and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add squid, cover and cook until mussels open and seafood is cooked through, about 5 minutes (discard mussels that do not open).
- Serve with bread.
- 3 bay leaves, fresh
- 1 lb. Bay Winds® Shrimp, White 16-20 Count, uncooked, peeled, deveined
- bread, country style,
- black pepper, ground, to taste
- 1 tsp. oregano, fresh
- 8 oz. clam juice
- 1 lb. clam(s), littleneck
- 10-20 Empire's Treasure® Scallops, dry pack
- 1 small fennel, bulb, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. fennel, seeds
- 4 garlic, clove(s), coarsely chopped
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 1 medium onion(s), finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp. Piancone® Oil, Olive
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper, flakes, crushed
- 1 lb. Roma® Mussels, scrubbed, debearded
- 1 lb. squid, cleaned, cut into 1/2" rings, tentacles left whole
- 28 oz. tomato(es), whole peeled, crushed by hand, juices reserved
- wine, dry white ,