About this Recipe
Bring out the flavor of our Wild-Caught USA Empire's Treasure Gulf Oysters with spinach, butter, onions, and breadcrumbs. Flavorful and satisfying, this favorite seafood appetizer is sure to be a hit.
- Defrost 36 Empire’s Treasure Wild Caught in the USA, IQF Half Shell Gulf Oysters.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter; add spinach, onion, parsley, bread crumbs, Tabasco Sauce, Herbsaint, and salt. Cook, stirring constantly, for 15 minutes. Remove from heat. Press the spinach mixture through a sieve or food mill; let cool.
- Preheat oven broiler. Line an ovenproof plate or platter with a layer of rock salt about 1-inch deep (moisten the salt very slightly). Set oysters in the rock salt, making sure they are level.
- Spoon an equal amount of the prepared spinach mixture over each oyster and spread to the rim of the shell. Broil approximately 5 minutes or until the edges of the oysters have curled and the topping is bubbling. NOTE: Watch carefully.
- 36 Empire's Treasure® Oysters, Wild Caught USA, IQF Half Shell
- lemon, wedge(s), for garnish
- 1/2 tsp liqueur, Herbsaint, (or any anise flavored spirit)
- 6 Tbsp Nature's Best Dairy® Butter
- 3 Tbsp Peak Fresh Produce® Onion(s), finely minced
- 3 Tbsp Peak Fresh Produce® Parsley, Fresh, finely minced
- 6 Tbsp Peak Fresh Produce® Spinach, finely minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- salt, rock
- Tabasco® Sauce, to taste
- 5 Tbsp West Creek® Bread Crumbs, Dry