Venezuelan Breakfast Arepa
Venezuelan Breakfast Arepa
- Stuff the warm White Corn Arepa with scrambled egg, and then top with queso fresco, chopped turkey bacon and the turkey breakfast sausage crumbles.
- Top with Roasted Corn and Black Bean Salsa.
- Drizzle with Avocado/Cilantro Sauce.
- 2 strips Butterball® Turkey Bacon, cooked, chopped
- 3/4 cup Butterball® Turkey Breakfast Sausage Crumbles
- 1 ea White Corn Arepa, warm, split to form a pocket
- 1 ea egg(s), scrambled
- 1 tbsp Queso fresco
- 1 1/2 tbsp Roasted Corn and Black Bean Salsa
- 1 tbsp Avocado/Cilantro Sauce
White Corn Arepas
- Combine the arepa flour and salt. Blend well.
- Slowly pour in the warm water while adding the butter and cheese. Blend well.
- Form approximately 3-ounce dough balls, and then form into 4-inch x ½-inch cakes. Place them onto a lightly greased sheet pan. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Cook the arepas on a lightly oiled griddle or grill over medium heat. Cook the arepas for about 3–4 minutes per side. Turn only once. Serve warm.
- 1 1/4 cups White corn arepa flour
- 1/2 tsp salt, sea
- 1 1/4 cups water, (100ºF)
- 5 oz butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup Jack cheese
Roasted Corn And Black Bean Salsa
- Rub the fresh corn with 2 teaspoons of oil and season with salt and pepper. Place into a 475°F preheated oven for 15–20 minutes or until golden brown on all sides.
- Remove the corn from the oven and allow it to cool in a clean container covered with foil. When the corn is cool, carefully remove the roasted kernels from the cob.
- Combine the corn with all the remaining ingredients and blend well.
- Chill the salsa in a sealed container for 1 hour before serving.
- As an alternative, try our abbreviated Roasted Corn and Black Bean Salsa recipe.
- 5 ears corn, fresh
- 1/3 cup oil, olive
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 10 oz tomato(es), grape, washed and diced
- 1 can beans, black, drained
- 2 cups onion(s), green, 1/4 in. cubes
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 2 ea jalapeño(s), seeds removed, sliced thin
- 3 tbsp lime, juice
- 3/4 cup cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 1 tbsp chili powder, dark
- 1 tsp cumin, ground
Avocado Cilantro Sauce
- Using a blender, combine all the ingredients except tomatoes and green onions. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the blended sauce into a storage container, and then fold in the tomatoes and green onions.
- Refrigerate for 1–2 hours before serving.
- 1 Hass avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 cup cilantro, fresh, with stems, tightly packed
- 1 jalapeño(s)
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp lime, juice
- 1/2 cup oil, canola
- dash of hot sauce
- salt, sea, to taste
- 1/4 cup tomato(es), diced
- 1/3 cup onion(s), green, sliced thin